2015 Tailgating Information
Football Parking Map
Enjoy Mustang Football the right way and tailgate for every game for Cal Poly Football this season!
Tailgating is allowed on campus on football game days and specifically designated in the the "campus way" Mustang Tailgate Lot (Lot C-1) and Mustang Way - South Perimeter.
For more information call Athletic Advancement at (805) 756-7188 or email firstname.lastname@example.org.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
Where can I tailgate?
Tailgating is permitted in the "Campus Way" lot (Lot C-1) near the California entrance to the University and along Mustang Way - South Perimter. Click here for an interactive campus map. A map of the primary "campus way" lot and Mustang Way is featured below:
How much are the tailgate passes?
Spaces are $200 for the season in the "Campus Way" way lot and $300 for the Mustang Way location. Season passes are sold on a first-come, first-serve basis for the 2015 season. Please call (805) 756-7188 or email email@example.com for more information. Gameday Tailgating is also available. Gameday tailgating is located in the "Campus Way" Lot C-1 Lot. Cost for gameday tailgating on a game by game basis is $50. Payment is due when you arrive to the Event Staff onsite.
How do I get to the tailgate lot on game day?
Individuals with season passes to tailgate in the "Campus Way" lot or Mustang Way on game day should enter campus via California Blvd. and follow all traffic signs and public service information officers to their designated spot.
How do I purchase my tailgating season pass?
Order online by clicking the following links: Mustang Way - South Perimeter or Campus Way. Call the Athletic Advancement Office at (805) 756-7188 or email firstname.lastname@example.org. For day of purchase, make your payment to the Event Staff onsite.
What are the tailgating hours?
Tailgate areas will be open six (6) hours prior to kickoff, and will be closed at kickoff. There will be no tailgating during the game or at halftime. All tailgate areas must be cleared within one (1) hour following the conclusion of the game.
What are the policies for tailgating?
- Cal Poly and the University Police Department in cooperation with the Department of Athletics determine tailgating areas.
- California State laws pertaining to the possession, consumption, and distribution of alcohol and controlled substances will be enforced by University Police.
- Tailgating is only allowed in designated areas. Fans are charged per space in advance or upon entry.
- Tailgate parking is permitted to begin six (6) hours prior to kickoff.
- South Perimeter location will be closed for incoming vehicle traffic two hours prior to kickoff
- Only 1 car is permitted per space.
- All tents, beyond the standard 10’x10’ size and tailgate set up must be approved in advance by athletics department prior to being permitted in the tailgate area.
- All tailgate spots are limited to a maximum of 25 users. Additional spots must be purchased to accommodate groups larger than 25.
- All tailgating must conclude at kickoff.
- No tailgating is permitted at halftime.
- Tailgating is allowed up to one hour after the game has concluded.
- Glass containers are not permitted in the tailgate area with exception of liqour and wine bottles, which must be poured into non glass containers for consumption.
- Large grills pulled by vehicles (on their own wheels) are not permitted in the tailgate area without express consent of the Cal Poly Athletic Department.
- Kegs are NOT permitted in any tailgating areas on campus.
- Gas grills only are permitted within the tailgate areas.
- All sidewalks must remain clear at all times.
- Individuals participating in tailgate activities are expected to clean up their respective areas prior to departing Cal Poly. Recyclable and trash receptacles will be provided throughout the tailgating area. Please make every attempt to take trash with you. Violators will be assessed a fee for cleanup should service be necessary.
- Any violation of the tailgating policy may result in immediate termination of tailgating privileges, criminal prosecution (i.e., misdemeanor ticketing), and/or disciplinary action through the Cal Poly Office of Students Rights and Responsibilitiesif the violator is a Cal Poly student.
- Banners or signage recognizing businesses or products may not be displayed without express consent of the Cal Poly Athletic Department.
- Tailgating spaces must be cleared within 1 hour of conclusion of game. South Perimeter tailgating location, vehicles will not be allowed to exit until 30 minutes after the conclusion of the game or until UPD re-opens road for exiting.
- The sale of food or beverages of any kind is strictly prohibited in all tailgating areas on campus.
Entry onto and use of these premises for “Tailgating” activities is subject to the University’s Policies and Procedures and is at risk of the individual. Individuals in the “Tailgating” area assume the associated risks and agree to hold the University harmless for illness, injury, death, property damage, and or other consequences resulting from entry or participation in “Tailgating” activities on these premises.
The Cal Poly Athletic Department would like to thank you for your attendance, support and cooperation. These guidelines were established for the safety and enjoyment of all fans. They are intended to provide an opportunity for everyone to come out early and have small, social gatherings. Enjoy the game and please be respectful of other fans.