Campus Way Tailgate Map | Purchase 2012 Football
Enjoy Mustang Football the right way and tailgate for every game for Cal Poly Football this season!
Tailgating is allowed on campus on football game days and specifically designated in the the "campus way" Mustang Tailgate Lot. Click here for a map.
All tailgating spots are SOLD OUT. For more information call the Athletic Marketing office at 756-0275.
(home games in green text)
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS (FAQ)
Where can I tailgate?
Tailgating is permitted in the "campus way" lot near the California entrance to the University. Click here for an interactive campus map. A map of the primary "campus way" lot is featured below:
How much are the tailgate passes?
Spaces are $200 for the season. Season passes were sold on a first-come, first-serve basis and are currently SOLD OUT for the 2011-12 season. Please call 805.756.0275 for more information.
How do I get to the tailgate lot on
Individuals with season passes to tailgate in the "campus way" lot on game day should enter campus via California Blvd. and follow all traffic signs and public service information officers to their designated spot.
How do I purchase my tailgating season
Call the Marketing Office at 805.756.0275.
What are the tailgating
Tailgate areas will be open six (6) hours prior to kickoff, and will be closed 15 minutes before game time. There will be no tailgating during the game or at halftime. All tailgate areas must be cleared within one (1) hour following the conclusion of the game.
What are the policies for
- Cal Poly and the University Police Department in cooperation with the Department of Athletics determine tailgating areas. Alcohol will not be permitted outside these area unless it has been determined that consumption in said area is permitted (ie…the O’Neill Green area)
- California State laws pertaining to the possession, consumption, and distribution of alcohol and controlled substances will be enforced by University Police.
- Tailgating is only allowed inthe "campus way" Parking Lot and Lot “H-16” (in designated spots). Fans are charged per space in advance or upon entry.
- Tailgate parking is permitted to begin six (6) hours prior to kickoff.
- Only 1 car is permitted per space. RVs and larger vehicles will be allowed, space permitting, in lot H-16 only.
- All tents, beyond the standard 10’x10’ size and tailgate set up must be approved in advance by athletics department prior to being permitted in the tailgate area.
- All tailgate spots are limited to a maximum of 25 users. Additional spots must be purchased to accommodate groups larger than 25.
- All tailgating must conclude 15 minutes prior to kickoff.
- No tailgating is permitted at halftime.
- Glass containers are not permitted in the tailgate area.
- Kegs are NOT permitted in any tailgating areas on campus.
- Charcoal and wood burning grills are permitted and ashes must be disposed of in designated receptacles located within the tailgate areas.
- Individuals participating in tailgate activities are expected to clean up their respective areas prior to departing Cal Poly. Recyclable and trash receptacles will be provided throughout the tailgating area. Violators will be assessed a fee for clean-up should service be necessary.
- Any violation of the tailgating policy may result in immediate termination of tailgating privileges, criminal prosecution (i.e., misdemeanor ticketing), and/or disciplinary action through the Cal Poly Office of Student Life and Leadership if the violator is a Cal Poly student.
- Banners or signage recognizing businesses or products may not be displayed without express consent of the Cal Poly Athletic Department.
- Large grills pulled by vehicles (on their own wheels) are not permitted in the tailgate area without express consent of the Cal Poly Athletic Department.
- Tailgating spaces must be cleared within 1 hour of conclusion of game.
- The sale of food or beverages of any kind is strictly prohibited in all tailgating areas on campus.
Entry onto and use of these premises for “Tailgating” activities is subject to the University’s Policies and Procedures and is at risk of the individual. Individuals in the “Tailgating” area assume the associated risks and agree to hold the University harmless for illness, injury, death, property damage, and or other consequences resulting from entry or participation in “Tailgating” activities on these premises.
The Cal Poly Athletic Department would like to thank you for your attendance, support and cooperation. These guidelines were established for the safety and enjoyment of all fans. They are intended to provide an opportunity for everyone to come out early and have small, social gatherings. Enjoy the game and please be respectful of other fans.